Smoking out your neighbours?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,

I am very interested in purchasing a Weber Bullet but have a concern over the possible amount of smoke that it produces.

I have a gas grill that I use very frequently (3-5 times a week) and I have never had anything other than a "smells great!" from my neighbours. Obviously the point of this is to infuse smoke into the food and I personally believe in subtlety of flavors ( that in combination make a statement).

Would a low n'slow 8-10 hr. smoke have my neighbours calling 9-1-1?

I would appreciate any feedback or opinions.

Thanks,

Victor Penner

PS. Great site!!

It's not really like that at all. The most smoke produced is by the newspaper used to start a charcoal chimney starter. That lasts about 3 minutes, and is no big deal. The smoke emitted by the cooker as the smoke woods burn is very minor-- the worst it could do is attract the neighbors to see what smells so good.

Unlike most others, I prefer to have smoke billowing out of the smoker! I use 4-5 fist-sized chunks and put them on with the meat as soon as the WSM is lit.

Mine will smoke for about 15-30 minutes like this and then it dies out pretty quick to small whiffs of smoke.

Not to worry! As Doug mentioned, it attracts as opposed to repels the neighbors. You'll love it!

Victor,

I'll second Stogie on this topic. I usually put the smoke wood on right after I throw the meat on. In about a half hour, the smoke has died down to almost nothing. I also give the charcoal ring a little shake once or twice during a cook and that'll usually make some more smoke... nothing near to what it was at the beginning, though.

Don't sweat it!! Make your neighbors think you are a seasoned pro.
----------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Thanks for the info, it looks like a go!

Mark,

The reason that I am so interested in the WSM is that I just got back from Auburn Alabama, where I ate BBQ almost everyday. I read your WAR EAGLE and just about fell off my chair, what a small world!

Victor Penner

Victor,

You should be there on a Saturday during football season...you will not believe your eyes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
----------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Mark,

Not to go sideways with this thread, but I will possibly be at the Homecoming game in the fall. I am looking forward to that possibility and of course more delicious BBQ and fine Southern hospitality.

Victor Penner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back