Smokin Fish

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all,
I smoked a lot of pork, bird, and a few briskets. Iv'e been doing this every weekend for over a year now. Doctor said to knock it off, but said fish is OK. So now I need to learn to smoke fish. Got some salmon on today with alder.
Cooking section only mentions Salmon, and I don't care for all that brown sugar brine stuff too much. I know there are fish smokers out there. I would like to get better at fish. Chime in please!!

Here's a brine I use for salmon. You can leave the brown sugar out. A basic brine is salt and water. After that you can add whatever you think will make your food taste good.

2 QTS. OF WATER
2 QTS OF COLD APPLE JUICE
¾ CUP OF KOSHER SALT
1 CUP OF BROWN SUGAR
¼ CUP OF LEMON JUICE
¼ CUP OF PICKLING SPICES

BOIL ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEPT APPLE JUICE FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. AND COOL. THEN ADD COLD APPLE JUICE.

Just pulled salmon from WSM,
All I did was soak it in salt water for 60 minutes, then sprinkled with onoin & garlic powder while it was drying. Smoked it for 3 hours at 250.
Wow, this turned out great, the best I've ever done. Side dish was brussel sprouts, lightly mashed with garlic & butter. This has got to be one of the best meals I have every made.

Back