Smokin Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i just got me a 5 pound 2nd cut brisket and 2 3.5 pound chickens....i think im going to give the chicks a dunk in itailan dressin tongit and the brisket a dry rub over night as well....i tried gettin me a whole brisket but they wanted 98 bux for a 10 pounder....ill wait to try something like that out when i get my Guru. dont want to risk that much cash....oh and my second cut cost me just over 30 bux....so much for kosher meat....i really want to cook an entire brisket though.. but ill wait another week or so till i get the guru,.....take care....oh and im using recipe for my dry rub from the book Smoke and Spice.. i liked it last time.. so i figure id give it anotehr shot.... later guys

Might want to remember to mention you're buying kosher meat before you start a panic with those prices. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I second that Doug, I just ordered 2 5lb briskets from my butcher for Saturday and I was thinking about how I was going to have to cancel that due to the $100 total. I guess it's good for me that I am not having to eat kosher meat!

Price question: my brisket is going to be $3.49/lb...I asked the butcher if that was expensive and he said no as he carves it straight from the half cow in the morning. Anyone else pay that much for the "prime" cuts. I told him to leave it untrimmed(good idea?) and I would take any large fats off myself before cooking it /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

sorry about that .. next time ill put that its kosher meat....i just cant get over it now that im actually paying for meat now.. also just from reading posts here 3.49 sounds a lil high to me...its usually 1.50 till 2.00 a pound.. but someonelse would know better than me....untrimmed def way to go.. i saw my butcher cutting off the fat and i almost knocked him out.. but now i have a 4 pounnder with all the fat on it...and ill carve off the really thick peices.. take care and enjoy
mords

Mords, good luck on your cook and please keep us updated. Greg, definately untrimmed. And that does seem a little high pricewise.

No need to panic over the price of Kosher vs. non. Mords, you have your standards that need to be met. The prices you pay may raise an eyebrow once in awhile by someone new to this thread, but...

It's not like the brisket cartel is manipulating the price again, are they? There's no wild speculative bidding in the market? IBC is not being prosecuted for market manipulation and questionable accounting practices?

Uh, oh, better check the futures prices... I'm making myself nervous. Maybe I should leveredge to cover any potential wild price swings.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back