Smokey joe gold bowl expanded ??????

Is the grate a 7440? Because I belive the 7440 is smaller than the original 7431 that they come with.

I don't have a 7440 to measure, but I think it slips thru the steamer ring to actually rest the heat deffuser on the bottom of the pot by just cutting part of the grate like brian did.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?40019-Ribinator-2000!&p=408608&viewfull=1#post408608

I tried doing it to my 7431 but it would not fit. I even cut the opposing side with no luck.

I am an idiot! Your response encouraged me to take another look. Well, what do you know, the STOCK grate was placed at the very bottom of the tamale pot. And you are right, the two additional ones purchased at home depot were meant to be used as the charcoal grate. All is okay now! The cooking grate has more bars than the charcoal grate.

I feel like an idiot creating this commotion. Sorry all! :(

never mind, just found out. the 7440 is a charcoal grate for the 18.5 kettle and sjp. well, blow me over, didn't know folks were using these in the mini.

Andy, now do the honorable thing and either send me the brand new replacement bowl (as I did not lose the bet) or simply return it to Weber.

Last edited:
Who needs a SJG bowl? ;) maybe i'll weld some legs on to it and turn it into a wood burning fire bowl. It'll cost Weber more to have it shipped back to them. I've had replacement parts from them in the past and they've usually told me to keep or toss.

Who needs a SJG bowl? ;) maybe i'll weld some legs on to it and turn it into a wood burning fire bowl. It'll cost Weber more to have it shipped back to them. I've had replacement parts from them in the past and they've usually told me to keep or toss.
Use the bowl as a lid for your mini. It'll require minor modification but you'll end up with a mini that really looks like a WSM.

Back