smokewood source in Atlanta

Tom A.

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know of a local source for smoke wood in ATL?

I'm expecting my first WSM this week and want to smoke some BBRs this weekend.

Thanks,
T

Oh, is there anything more wonderful than an expecting father...
icon_cool.gif

Tom,

I don't have good source for wood, but I can usually find Wicked Good charcoal for sale at the Ace Hardware - corner of Holcomb Bridge and Spalding.

Bags of many types of wood are available at BBQs Galore. There's one on Roswell Rd just South of Abernathy and there's one in the Satellite blvd /Steve Reynolds blvd area.

Hope this helps!
Tom L.

Tom, whereabouts are you located in Atlanta? - it's not in your profile.

Even at this time of year, most hardware stores and even grocery stores will stock at least hickory in chunks, and Home Depot or Lowe's should have some wood chunks. For the biggest selection, you also might try:

The Big Green Egg
3417 Lawrenceville Hwy
Tucker, Georgia 30084
(770) 938-9394

Welcome to the group! You are going to have so much fun and some good eating too!
icon_smile.gif

Rita

Thanks for the welcome and quick replies. I have updated my profile and will be checking out the ACE on N. Highland. Worst case I'll check out BBQ Galore or BGE on my weekend trip to Hmart.

I can only agree with the above comments. I buy Hickory and Mesquite at Lowes/Home Depot...pretty big bags.

I buy 'specialty' woods like cherry/apple/pecan/alder etc at BBQ Galore. There is also a new one on Windward at exit 11 on GA400.

Good smokin!

Back