SmokeFire - Weber App - connection drops when I am outside of bluetooth range but connected to wifi

KevinRH

TVWBB Member
Hi
New owner of a Weber Smokefire ex4 and recently installed the Weber Android app.

I connected via wifi and was able to update temps and shut down the grill, no issues, being fairly close to the grill.

I am getting mixed functionality today ... When I go outside of the assumed Bluetooth range, in my basement office, right next to the wifi router, I am losing the ability to change/update the temp. The app will not show the full graph. When I get closer to the grill it works fine.

My phone shows no BT connection established with the the grill.

Is this expected behavior?

thanks Kevin

So far all is well. I connected per the instructions and I am getting notifications and monitoring temps miles away now. I dont know how that works. Apparently the app has some cloud/cellular connection now. I am using an android phone.

So far all is well. I connected per the instructions and I am getting notifications and monitoring temps miles away now. I dont know how that works. Apparently the app has some cloud/cellular connection now. I am using an android phone.
It works on WIFI. Nice huh?

Back