Smokefire Glow Plug question

Is the Weber glow plug unique or has anyone found and automotive equivalent?
Darian, I use only Weber glow plugs. The guy that taught me the most about the Smokefire was one of Weber's non employee Smokefire beta testers pre production. His wife works for Weber. Here's his answer to the question and I've deleted a lot of calculations for different diesel engine glow plugs. "Not no, but HELL NO! Buy from Weber. ........... Lets use the .5 Ohm Ford plug in the SmokeFire: 24 volts / .5 Ohm's = 48 amps of load = blown non-replaceable 5 amp fuse on the motherboard and a dead SmokeFire. This is why you don't put one of those in the grill."

Darian, I use only Weber glow plugs. The guy that taught me the most about the Smokefire was one of Weber's non employee Smokefire beta testers pre production. His wife works for Weber. Here's his answer to the question and I've deleted a lot of calculations for different diesel engine glow plugs. "Not no, but HELL NO! Buy from Weber. ........... Lets use the .5 Ohm Ford plug in the SmokeFire: 24 volts / .5 Ohm's = 48 amps of load = blown non-replaceable 5 amp fuse on the motherboard and a dead SmokeFire. This is why you don't put one of those in the grill."
Awesome…Thanks a bunch Lew

Back