Smokefire ex4 problems - bad power supply or igniter?

Motherboard came in and resolved my glow plug/igniter issue. All works as it should now.
I just CANNOT believe the other guy sold me this grill for $40 and how Weber sent me a boatload of free parts to get it going like NEW AGAIN. Even free parts like meat probes and pellets were sent. I soaked all the grill racks and with some degreaser and some scrubbing, they look new again.

Overall this grill is way way way above any of the older legacy type pellet grills out there. This grill has no big cookie sheet heat deflector/ash stopper like legacy pellet grills. I have had Camp Chef, Cabelas, Grilla grills. I have seen Traegers. Again, the self cleaning fire pot is a huge benefit of this grill. Then adding the wifi/app controls on top of all that. Wow!

thanks for the help! KevinRHView attachment 89841View attachment 89842View attachment 89843
Don't be so quick to denigrate the "cookie sheet". Much of the function of getting smoke into the food is NOT quelled by it. It's more a function of oven and venting design. Yeah, it may be able to run at 600 deg but then I've NEVER grilled at 600 in my life even on grills that could.
Bottom line it's a proven design and it flat works. And is pretty much dead reliable.

SOMETIMES.
The question I have is this. Did they send you all those parts knowing full well you were NOT the original owner?
They did not ask and I did not tell. I was a previous registered user, they sent me parts before for my old Genesis Grill. Re this grill.... They had the serial number and they sent the previous owner new parts too before he sold it to me.

Don't be so quick to denigrate the "cookie sheet". Much of the function of getting smoke into the food is NOT quelled by it. It's more a function of oven and venting design. Yeah, it may be able to run at 600 deg but then I've NEVER grilled at 600 in my life even on grills that could.
Bottom line it's a proven design and it flat works. And is pretty much dead reliable.
My experience is not the same. The cookie sheet does nothing but collect grease and burned on food that you continue to burn and burn and burn that emits a burned stink, not a sweet smoke smell. Even when you clean it or use foil to cover, the first time you use it again, the grease and food just drips, sticks and burns emitting a burned Pizza aroma that is bad If not awful, at temps between 325 and 400. The old design is just dumb and why I sold all the multiple pellet grills I tried, and believe me, I tried.... I can buy an electric oven and do the same thing without feeding pellets, cleaning the cookie sheet and vacuuming out the fire box.

The Weber design is completely opposite of this and why I took a chance on this grill.

YMMV

Kevin

Yeah, I don't have any issue with it. Occasionally (just like the flavorizers on a the gas grills) you simply scrape it off. At least I don't have to deal with the ash and grease mix in the bottom (a real potential PIA IMO and something I don't want to deal with). But, IMO just kinda bad juju casting shade on another's choice

My experience is not the same. The cookie sheet does nothing but collect grease and burned on food that you continue to burn and burn and burn that emits a burned stink, not a sweet smoke smell. Even when you clean it or use foil to cover, the first time you use it again, the grease and food just drips, sticks and burns emitting a burned Pizza aroma that is bad If not awful, at temps between 325 and 400. The old design is just dumb and why I sold all the multiple pellet grills I tried, and believe me, I tried.... I can buy an electric oven and do the same thing without feeding pellets, cleaning the cookie sheet and vacuuming out the fire box.

The Weber design is completely opposite of this and why I took a chance on this grill.

YMMV

Kevin
There is some truth to this. One of my friends has a ReqTec and he rarely cleans it. His drip pan is disgusting. A charred, blackened mess. Looks like a burnt marshmallow.

There is some truth to this. One of my friends has a ReqTec and he rarely cleans it. His drip pan is disgusting. A charred, blackened mess. Looks like a burnt marshmallow.
When I vacuum out my cookers I simply take out the so called "cookie sheet" a quick scrape with a putty knife. Nothing more rigorous that than. I don't see the issue. And sometimes I do some VERY long, and greasy cooks. And sometimes I crank them up to 450-500 deg and have no issues with bad smells or anything. Every 3rd to 5th cook (depending on what the cooks have been previously), I spend all of MAYBE 10 min. Maybe no even that long. If I have to clean the RTD might take 2 or 3 min longer total.
And if I use drip pan under the REALLY greasy stuff like pork butt, or brisket, spare ribs and so on, I almost never even need to take the putty knife to the deflector. I just set it aside, vacuum the ash and call it a day. Then my cleaning takes 5 min. I don't see the issues here.

Back