Smoked Potatoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone do baked potatoes in the WSM? I just read about baked potatoes, stuffed with pulled pork. And that got me thinking of large Idahos, bathing in the drippings from a healthy butt. The potatoe scooped out of the skin and mixed with that luscious pork. Stuffed back in, topped wtih a nice cheddar/gruyere/parm mix (my current fave) and baked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stone:
Anyone do baked potatoes in the WSM? I just read about baked potatoes, stuffed with pulled pork. And that got me thinking of large Idahos, bathing in the drippings from a healthy butt. The potatoe scooped out of the skin and mixed with that luscious pork. Stuffed back in, topped wtih a nice cheddar/gruyere/parm mix (my current fave) and baked. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That sounds dang tasty. FedEx me a couple when they're done. I haven't cooked baked potatoes on the smoker since the ECB days. Don't know why. Just haven't.

Stone, I do baked potatoes in the WSM all the time. Just remember they take quite a while to get done ( i cook everything except chicken at 225). At least 2.5 - 3 hr range or longer. Bryan

I have tried to "cook" potatoes in the waterpan. I accidently had them there for too long, so they were overcooked and oversmoked (they were only partly submerged after a while).

I think it'd be excellent to cook potatoes and vegetables (carrots etc) in the waterpan.

Only remember to take them out in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back