Smoke w/Datewood or Fig wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hi,

Was just kind of wondering for a friend of mine. Anyone have any thoughts on how date wood or fig wood might work on a cook?

Not quite sure what you mean by date wood. I grow dates on date palms but I can't imagine it would smoke good. It's very fibrous and not terribly dense when dry. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've thrown fig prunings on but didn't get much out of it. I'd have to try more or larger pieces. That could happen: Jeanne creamed one of my trees and it might not come back so...

Grilled figs are great though!

Hi Ken,

A friend of mine is headed to a desert environment and was thinking about how to BBQ.

I don't know much about desert woods but I was trying to help out. All I could think of was what sort of fruit woods might be available.

You've answered the question about date woods I think so thanks.

Thanks Rob.......anything you guys and gals out there can pass on to me the better.........

Got a bit of good and bad news........good is I have a few weeks more (not leaving till 12-13 Nov......bad is I don't get home till two weeks later than I had projected.........
icon_frown.gif

Thanks nonetheless Rob.......you da man.

I am gonna have my wife ship me my WSm in pieces and have her buy me a new one for home use..........that way I can leave the old one in the desert for others to use when i leave
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
my goal is to take pics so that maybe I can get WEBER to post them.......or at a min get our moderator to post them. Thanks again all...........you guys are the bomb.

Matt,
Best of luck to you in Iraq. I really admire your service.

Another important thing to remember is that freedom can't exist in the absence of barbeque, and I'm happy to see you remedy that current flaw in their plan over there.

Seriously, best wishes to you. I hope all goes well.

Matt,

Me? The man? Not sure about that.

You know what they say don't you? Behind every big man is a woman.... and behind her is his wife.

Not sure I can handle all that pressure.

MattJ -- Will be glad to post your pics for you. Feel free to e-mail me. (Delete $) Vernon (at) newbunch (dot) com. I probably have 50-100 mb that i can use for you and I have not hit 2% of bandwidth yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back