slow cook ribs on Weber gasser

Bill Poch

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but have been reading it for about 2 weeks now. I just bought a Weber Genisis Silver B, and should be grabbing a WSM this summer.

I want to cook some baby back ribs this weekend and I'll just follow the BRUIT method but using my own rub and foil packs with wood on the flavor bars for some smoke. (I know, it won't be as good as using the WSM, but hey, I want ribs!!!)

My question is, should I put a water pan on the bars also? Or is this just needed for the WSM?

Thanks and this site is full of amazing info.

Bill

Bill

If you do a member search for "Jason Flynn" and then view his posts, you should find a lot of info'n on this subject. Apparently he had perfected the technique and gave some very thorough reviews. As I recall he got a WSM to see if he could improve his ribs over his Silver B and I'm not sure if he ever was convinced that he had. Sorry I don't have the knowledge to put you right on the posts.

Paul

I've done it and it works good. Turn on the back burner only. Set it to low. You should get a temp around 225 or a little higher. Put the ribs on the front. Set a pack of wood chips on the flavor bars in back over the burner thats on low. Cook until done.

Great, thanks for the info. I did run the grill empty with just the back burner on low the see what it would hold. According to the therm. on the grill hood, it was holding steady around 230ish

Back