Siracha Chicken

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
It had been a while since I grilled chicken. This has become my signature dish. I grill the chicken parts indirect as per "Cook's Country Classic Barbecue Chicken" but often use Larry Wolfe's recipe for Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce instead of the barbecue sauce. It was time...

I brine the chicken (this was brined overnight), pat the chicken dry and use the simple rub that Cook's has recommended (simply one tablespoon of coarse black pepper, one talespoon of Kosher Salt, and ½ teaspoon of Cayenne). Larry Wolfe's recipe is here:

http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/orange-marmalade-sriracha-wings.html

I use my standard indirect set up (two fire bricks with the coals behind them - only about one third of the grill has coals). I used two handfuls of soaked Apple wood chips. It will take between 45 minutes to an hour depending on how big the chicken parts are. I start saucing after 30-35 minutes. I coat the parts, flip them, and give them five minutes more covered, then sauce, then five minutes covered until the chicken is done. Then I finish over direct (about one minute per side - be careful as the sugar will burn). It tastes even better than it looks.

SrirachaChicken9-12Select-4258_1600x1067.jpg

Be sure and grill enough. This recipe always calls for MORE!

Happy grilling,
Dale53

Last edited:
We needed a quick supper tonight, so re-heated the left over chicken in a toaster oven. It was as good the second time around as the first. The juicy and lucious interior meat has to be experienced to believe... the skin is nearly as good as the meat!

Dale53

Back