Similarities

K Nelson

Hi Chris,

After meeting you at Harry Soo's class last weekend I just want to reiterate my thanks and appreciation for starting this site. As someone new in the pursuit of great BBQ, your site has been my goto for recipes, tips, techniques and late night XXX food pics!

You've had an opportunity to meet and learn from some of the finest in this field. What are some of the similarities these pitmasters share? Obviously the great thing about BBQ is there's no one right way to do it...but I'd be curious to know if there's something they all do or have that separates them from the others. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Late night XXX (food) pics...are you sure you've got the right URL? ;)

What are the similarities between the best pitmasters out there? A drive to be the best. A strong competitive nature. Tons of self-confidence. Often times, a big personality! A methodical, repeatable approach to barbecue based on trial & error, experimentation, and documenting results. Lots and lots of practice! Lots of failures along the path to victory. Never giving up. And a willingness to share knowledge to help others become better barbecuers.

Late night XXX (food) pics...are you sure you've got the right URL? ;)

What are the similarities between the best pitmasters out there? A drive to be the best. A strong competitive nature. Tons of self-confidence. Often times, a big personality! A methodical, repeatable approach to barbecue based on trial & error, experimentation, and documenting results. Lots and lots of practice! Lots of failures along the path to victory. Never giving up. And a willingness to share knowledge to help others become better barbecuers.

Agreed! Passion and drive are the key similarities !

Back