Silver B - Cleaning the plastic handle, end caps and knobs !

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
I've seen post where you guys use bleach to clean the handle, end caps and knobs. I am curious what ratio of bleach to water? or what your cleaning process consist of?

That is what I use for cleaning those parts. I have used diluted bleach and straight bleach. I soak the knobs and igniter switch in a bleach bath for 1 hour to several days. .... I don't think anything more than a few hours helps, but it doesn't hurt to go longer. Some bleach is already diluted from what I understand, so it using cheaper bleaches, I would go straight bleach. If using full strength clorox, then maybe dilute it. I would say no more than 50/50. Then, when you get them out of the bleach, clean them up with a green scratchy pad or #0000 steel wool soaked in bleach. On the handle and Thermoset tables (Genesis Silver B), I just wet them down with bleach (full strength) and then go after them with the green scratchy or steel wool soaked in bleach. Wear gloves. I have had very few pieces not clean up well this way.

That is what I use for cleaning those parts. I have used diluted bleach and straight bleach. I soak the knobs and igniter switch in a bleach bath for 1 hour to several days. .... I don't think anything more than a few hours helps, but it doesn't hurt to go longer. Some bleach is already diluted from what I understand, so it using cheaper bleaches, I would go straight bleach. If using full strength clorox, then maybe dilute it. I would say no more than 50/50. Then, when you get them out of the bleach, clean them up with a green scratchy pad or #0000 steel wool soaked in bleach. On the handle and Thermoset tables (Genesis Silver B), I just wet them down with bleach (full strength) and then go after them with the green scratchy or steel wool soaked in bleach. Wear gloves. I have had very few pieces not clean up well this way.
Thanks! I'm starting the bleach soak now! Happy Grill'n!!

Back