Silver B circa 2000

Bill Mason

Original owner of a very worn Silver B. Firebox is cracked and brackets for the slide-in tray have corroded away.

I have seen reference to lifetime warranty on these things - is that true? Seems very impractical from Weber’s perspective.

cannot even give away in local area ( Fernandina Beach Fl), so I am considering rebuilding. Will get additional pics of corrosion, but is this worth the effort?

Attachments

• E6BB5D26-3EC1-4831-818B-7E3EC359D1C1.jpeg
    E6BB5D26-3EC1-4831-818B-7E3EC359D1C1.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 12526331-09A8-4E75-9BC6-3382F5184C8D.jpeg
    12526331-09A8-4E75-9BC6-3382F5184C8D.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 3D82BBBE-CB8A-45E0-B129-69BCEF0C0EB6.jpeg
    3D82BBBE-CB8A-45E0-B129-69BCEF0C0EB6.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 22
You could call Weber and ask about the cook box. However, they will want a serial number most likely. Pictures at least. If the damage wasn't due to neglect, they might send you a new one. If you can get a new cook box, then it would be worth rehabbing, but you are sill going to need a new side table it looks like. The slide rails will probably come with a new cook box if they send you one...make sure you include that in the warranty request if you go that route. They are otherwise great grills for rehabbing and I would suggest you do so. If you can't get a new cook box from weber, you could just locate another Silver B and swap out cook boxes.

Weber does have a lifetime warranty on the cook box for original owners.

The lifetime warranty is for real. Crazy but true.

I recently received a new cook box for my 2000 Silver B which was bowed out in the front.

First thing you need to do is register your grill. Then send in pictures with your claim. And some evidence that you are the original owner.

Thanks for the responses; I will call Weber.

I cannot find anything (plate, sticker, etc) on the grill with a model / serial number, and will have to look and see if I have any proof of purchase from ~20 years ago; but it sounds like it would be worth trying.

Even the newer Webers I see are not as solid or sturdy as this one (used to be); the cast iron grates, stainless burners, and valves / manifold should all still be good!

Three usual places to look for the serial number sticker. Two are fairly obvious and one is hard to find.
1. On the inside of the panel where the propane tank scale is mounted.
2. On the under side of the control panel.
3. on the END of the control panel between the control panel and the grey handle. You will likely need to remove the grey handle to read it if it is still even readable....Don't try to clean it with any liquid before you try to read it. It will probably wash away the ink that was used on it.

Good luck.

Jim is right, but the chances of a guy saving the owners manual for 20 years is lower than miraculously finding the serial number sticker. LOL.

Jim is right, but the chances of a guy saving the owners manual for 20 years is lower than miraculously finding the serial number sticker. LOL.
LOL and then there is me. Lost the original cookbook and manual but found the hang tag display card and the brochure :D

Back