Silicone basting brush

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My first post.

And before I get to the subject of my post, I found this site in the fall of 2002 and the day I found it was a really good day.

This site has greatly improved the quality of my life by adding some great eating. I've also developed a new interest. I lurked here and learned, ordered my WSM in November 2002, and have been enjoying some really good ribs and brisket ever since.

Thanks to the admin of this site and everyone who contributes. It's very much appreciated and is an example of one of the many great positives the internet brings. Without this site, I would've stumbled around for years trying to make good BBQ.

Now for my post. This basting brush was mentioned in our local paper. Was wondering if anyone here had used this or a similar brush. Anything easier to clean would be good but its a bit pricy for a brush.

http://store.yahoo.com/kkapers2/16870.html

Hi, Lynn and welcome!

Here is the brush I use. They are so cheap I order 10 at a time. I just use hot water and ring them out good and let them dry. Then I throw them away as I see fit.

When using this type of mop, I always soak in water first...then it won't suck up your entire mop solution or sauce.

BBQ mop

Kevin, the frames on A-K's site are a pain to link to. This, I think, is what you were after.

That silicone brush looks great for thick stuff like finishing sauces, but I don't know how well it would work for a thin, vinegar-based mop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back