Shutdown Button

No, because there should not be any need for it. The main filesystem is read-only and as long as none of the network settings are changed, nothing is writing to the jffs either so there should be almost no chance of filesystem corruption in practical usage. (Assuming that's why you're requesting a shutdown button)

I am old school and have the mind set of there has to be some open files while the system is running and although there is "almost no chance of filesystem corruption" there is still a chance and when it happens it will be at the most opportune time.

I hear ya, remember when our Windows 95 machines would be all corrupted because we lost power while it was up? Oh how many chkdsks and scandisks I've watched!

But you can have every file in the filesystem open and pull the power and it is fine, because nothing is changing the filesystem. The only changes to the filesystem are the autobackup that restores the graph across boots. You can disable that by setting the autoback time to 0 in the /etc/config/linkmeter. At that point the only thing changing the filesystem would be configuration changes (setpoint is not a configuration change) so if you're not doing that then your system is 100% safe from file corruption and you can consider it ROM at that point and it will be always safe to pull the plug.

Back