Shipping damage?

Sheldon Koehler

TVWBB Super Fan
My new WSM 18.5 arrived yesterday and I have it all together. But the top edge of the center chamber has some paint missing. This is the largest piece of the unit and my main concern is rust, not so much as cosmetics (its a BBQ, it will get used as such...). Should I call Weber on this?

I would.
I should also add that if the mid section is a perfect fit, than you can also touch up with some HH grill paint.

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
I would.
I should also add that if the mid section is a perfect fit, than you can also touch up with some HH grill paint.

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was considering the touch up as it is the top edge. I can see this edge getting abused over time with the removal and placing of the lid too.

Then definitely place a call to Weber CS.
They'll probably hook you up with a new one in no time.

Tim

Call Webber CS. They will most likely send you a new section and let you keep the old. You will have a giant stacked smoker.
icon_eek.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif

As long as you bought it from a Weber Authorized dealer they will just send you a new center section. They are awesome when it comes to problems like this. Go ahead and call!

Thanks everyone! I called Weber and they are sending a replacement.

In the mean time, I have 2 chickens cooking beercan style. I am taking pictures. I am using checken broth, whole crushed garlic cloves and red onion in the cans. My favorite rub from Paul Kirk's book is on the meat.

I am doing this as I have cooked this the most and want to compare it to just using the gasser (The Weber rep, Joyce, informed me that I registered my Genesis Silver B in 2001...).

Back