Several Items

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have been busy BBQing up a storm this past week.I would like to share a collection of items on related issues:

OVEN BAGS: I tried them and they do work great. The one drawback is you can't easily wrap them and let them set in a cooler to cook in their juices when waiting for turn in at competitions. Nice thing is you can have a visual of the meat

PAM: Tried spraying the grills with mixed feelings. For fatty type meats it has little or no affect on the grill cleaning wise. For salmon, it helped keeping the skin from sticking due to lack of fat content. For regular BBQ no real value.

STRUTTN' SAUCE (Smoke and Spice Recipe). For brisket it is sort of bland. A real good sauce you should try is the FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE in Paul Kirks Championship BBQ Sauces. Real nice flavor and uses bacon drippings (mmmmmm-good). I do recommend you start out with half the black pepper and cayenne then add per your taste/needs.

TAYLOR CANDY THERMOMETERS: I stick a cork in one of the top vents and the Taylor thermometer thru a hole drilled in it. I compared their readings with the Polder readings and found them to be within 5 degrees or less.

PIZZA PANS: I found that the 24 inch pizza pans make nice drip/heat reflector pans for the WSM

Hopefully some of this info will be of value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back