Seattle Area Fruit Cooking Wood Source

C. Howlett

TVWBB Super Fan
Greetings Seattle Area Smokers:

I found a wholesale distributor of fruit wood. Ray Morris, 206-762-WOOD (9663) sales@cookingwoods.com. The warehouse is located in Snohomish Country, but he's willing to transport product to his West Seattle office for pickup from there. He has a minimum order of $150 worth of product. NOTE: these are large tree limbs typically used in large food service settings - MUST BE MANUALLY CHIPPED OR CHUNKED FOR WSM USE. Any of you local smokers willing to go in with me on an order? He's got an excellent selection; pear, apple, cherry, sugar maple, plum, apricot, etc.

I found a wood source that works even better for me! I just picked up 20 pounds each of alder, apple and cherry wood from Joy & Ed, a family wood mill near the Southcenter Mall. Cost: $0.50 per pound. I found their advertisement on Craigslist.

This stuff is PRIME! Dried, cleaned and debarked fist sized chunks! I'll be smokin' some fatties this weekend.

Joy assured me that they have other wood types available. You will have to arrange for pick up. If you're local, it's well worth it. Give them a call at 206.243.6542

Is this the same person that posts on CL? I thought of giving them a call.
Dennis- if you are interested in splitting an order let me know.

Back