Searwood - Yea or Nay?

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
I think I'm going to make a decision on a pellet grill soon. I currently have an 18" and 22" WSM among several kettles and a gasser. A blunt question...does anyone who has purchased a Weber Searwood regret their decision? I know I won't get the flavor of a stick burner, but I don't want to tend to a stick burner. I'm looking at the Searwood and the Campchef Woodwind Pro, but I'm a loyal Weber purchaser and have no interest in switching brands. If you have one, do you regret the purchase?

Love mine!

Got it to replacing an aging Kenmore gas grill. I also have an 18” WSM. Had kind of a busy summer so didn’t do as much cooking as the past few years. Haven’t smoked on the WSM since getting the Searwood. Love the versatility. The smart app is a nice convenience. I got the griddle insert which I’ve made good use of. I’ve yet to do a turkey or brisket. Definitely will this fall. Those will be the true test.

Good luck!

WSK, unless you really want a pellet pooper. But I’m highly biased. I’ve had food off both and prefer the smoke and taste profile of coal and wood vs just pellets. I’ll go back to my corner now for not playing along here. My apologies. Continue with regularly scheduled posts.

@Todd NC I'll lead off that I agree with Brett on getting a WSK.

My question is, I'm curious what cooks you plan on a pellet vs a kettle or the WSM?

I had a Pellet for a while. I had a WSM 22 for a while. I sold both and bought a WSK. I like standing up to cook ( nod to my selling the WSM ) and I like the flavor and flexibility of the WSK over both the pellet and the WSM.

I sold my pellet grill after it lost a couple of side-by-side cook offs between it and the WSM and my large BGE.
I sold my WSM 22 as the setup, cleanup and all was more work than smoking on my BGE.
Downside of the BGE is it's size at only 18 inch grate.
I bought the WSK for the 24 inch grate size and love it for the flexibility and the ease of cooking and the flavor when cooking on it.

Ok, I'll go sit in the other corner and ponder what I'm going to cook tomorrow.

@Todd NC I'll lead off that I agree with Brett on getting a WSK.

My question is, I'm curious what cooks you plan on a pellet vs a kettle or the WSM?

I had a Pellet for a while. I had a WSM 22 for a while. I sold both and bought a WSK. I like standing up to cook ( nod to my selling the WSM ) and I like the flavor and flexibility of the WSK over both the pellet and the WSM.

I sold my pellet grill after it lost a couple of side-by-side cook offs between it and the WSM and my large BGE.
I sold my WSM 22 as the setup, cleanup and all was more work than smoking on my BGE.
Downside of the BGE is it's size at only 18 inch grate.
I bought the WSK for the 24 inch grate size and love it for the flexibility and the ease of cooking and the flavor when cooking on it.

Ok, I'll go sit in the other corner and ponder what I'm going to cook tomorrow.
Bad influences. We’re going to get banned for a week for being infidels.

Back