Searing vs regular burner tube identification

KevinW-MA

Hi, hoping I’m posting this in the correct place… Just got new burner tubes for my genesis 330 (I think). I accidentally opened both of the boxes and mixed the tubes together, so not sure which box it came from. I can’t tell which is the searing tube. All are stamped with the exact same number, 84323 and 24-03 or 24-04 (which I assume are the manufacturing dates). They all look identical, I can’t tell which one of them would be the searing tube. Is there a difference? The boxes they shipped in it did indicate different part numbers, but the part number is not what is stamped on the burner. Thanks in advance.

The burner tubes are interchangeable. There is nothing specific about the sear burner except I believe the valve orifice may be smaller so that the btu rating is a little bit lower than the regular burners.

For that generation of Genesis, the difference is that the sear burner tube comes in a different box, but the tube inside is identical to the rest of them.

As Jon said above, the difference in BTU rating is due to the valve office.

I have a Weber summit 650 and I’m having trouble with 2 burners not igniting. I removed the manifold and noticed the the ends are completely corroded. Is it possible to get a replacement part, or do I need a complete manifold assembly? This is very costly!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post a couple pictures? That would help us to assess. My first response, however, would be that the valves I believe you are referring to can certainly be cleaned.

Those are the igniters. The valves are the brass parts with the round flat ends with a small hole. That certainly explains why they aren't igniting for you.

I don't know, but I would think the igniters are a replaceable component vs. the valves which are generally not sold separately from the manifold.

Back