Sealing access door all together

Just thought I'd bring you guys up to date. I did end up tearing off the aluminum tape, even if its applied carefuly it still looks tacky. I bought some of the black loc tite silicone gasket maker and applied it liberaly between the access door and wsm. Then I carefully wiped the excess off, came out looking completely stock and dosent leak a bit. I didnt bother with the wd-40 or any of that stuff as I dont plan on using the door again.
Now if I could only get my lid to seal a little better..
icon_smile.gif

Brandon

So, did anybody have any success with using the silicone on the edge of the door, then letting it dry completely, forming a "seal" around the door, while still allowing the door to be used?

I get quite a bit of leakage around the door, but I still use it when I want to get temps up or add a chunk or two of wood. I've been wrapping the door in foil to seal the gaps, but I don't really like the looks of that either.

Pat

Each time you cook, spray PAM around the inside of the door. After a few cooks you will have enough gunk built up that there will be on leaks. You can still use the door and get that nice tacky seal when you close it back up again.
icon_smile.gif

Back