Scored !!! Weber Summit E-670 in Excellent Condition

It's the best stuff going (that and POR15 product). Locally you can buy a cheaper not nearly as good but better than nothing product from Rustoleum. The cool thing about the Eastwood products is you can get a hose to get down inside the frame tubes (where the real issue is). They're a great company. They ship out really fast and products are top notch. Believe me you won't be sorry. It's messy though so either work on a surface you don't mind getting dirty permanently or a drop cloth and wear rubber gloves (take my word on this one). I used this stuff on my cars (especially an older Infiniti that had rust issues) and it stopped it in it's tracks. IMO don't worry about the stuff you're reading. I did no special prep (except degreasing where I could) and sprayed away on the frame areas, lower front fenders (internally) drilled into the wheel arches by the rear doors, and shot it in with the hose kit all the way into the fenders, into the rocker panels and lower doors. Worked like a champ. The two product(s) I recommend for this are the Rust Encapsulator and the Internal Frame product. Order the stuff and go to town. You won't be crying about your rusted out Summit like so many on here

It's the best stuff going (that and POR15 product). Locally you can buy a cheaper not nearly as good but better than nothing product from Rustoleum. The cool thing about the Eastwood products is you can get a hose to get down inside the frame tubes (where the real issue is). They're a great company. They ship out really fast and products are top notch. Believe me you won't be sorry. It's messy though so either work on a surface you don't mind getting dirty permanently or a drop cloth and wear rubber gloves (take my word on this one). I used this stuff on my cars (especially an older Infiniti that had rust issues) and it stopped it in it's tracks. IMO don't worry about the stuff you're reading. I did no special prep (except degreasing where I could) and sprayed away on the frame areas, lower front fenders (internally) drilled into the wheel arches by the rear doors, and shot it in with the hose kit all the way into the fenders, into the rocker panels and lower doors. Worked like a champ. The two product(s) I recommend for this are the Rust Encapsulator and the Internal Frame product. Order the stuff and go to town. You won't be crying about your rusted out Summit like so many on here

Thank you Michael for this direction.

For Inside the tubes I should put below or Rust encapsulator will work for Tubes?
http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-w-spray-nozzle-qt.html

This rust encapsulator is red after it dries, is that fine? And I need to use it inside the tube and under the bottom shelf or also inside the cabinets? If i do inside I have to paint entire thing again and that may not look stock.
Now inside the tube and bottom shelf ( Side facing ground) is that i was thinking.
Please guide , Would like to order this weekend so that by next weekend i can show final assembled look and cook :).

They have the product able to dry in red, black, white or silver. Not sure I can figure out what you're asking though. It seems you're asking me if you can use it inside the burner tubes. Answer to that is definitely no.

They have the product able to dry in red, black, white or silver. Not sure I can figure out what you're asking though. It seems you're asking me if you can use it inside the burner tubes. Answer to that is definitely no.

Question was for ( need only below two areas)

- Inside Frame tube
- Under the bottom shelf

And which products - rust encapsulator or internal frame one ?

I know Burner tubes are no no ��

The encapsulator can work fine in both. I tried the internal frame product and found it's the same stuff but just a little "thinner". My thought is it's made thinner to be able to penetrate areas like internal welds and channels better. Since the grill is basically extruded mild steel tubing I don't think the frame material is needed. You can also buy it in bulk containers (qt, 1/2 gallon etc) and they sell a gun that will spray and also can be fitted with a long tube for better access. But of course you need a compressor and the gun is a little on the spendy side

I have gotten rust encapsulator and sprayed inside the Frame Tubes and bottom side. What is the closest color used by Weber for repainting for Body? Any ideas?

The "body"? Do you mean the fire box, or the frame or the side panels? The rest of the grill (hood, control panel and such) are not painted. They are porcelain coated. Cannot (should not) be repainted

Frame and Side/ bottom panels- where LP tank sits. Called Weber they just say accented color but don't know exact .

This is a used grill?

Technically, they're (Weber) not supposed to warranty anything that was purchased second hand.

Nevertheless, congratulations on your terrific find, and kudos to the Weber rep that took care of you.

This is a used grill?

Technically, they're (Weber) not supposed to warranty anything that was purchased second hand.

Nevertheless, congratulations on your terrific find, and kudos to the Weber rep that took care of you.

Thank you and I agree on fantastic weber customer service.

Back