Saving Unburned Lump?

JimT

TVWBB Pro
Is there any reason NOT to save and reuse the unburned lump after a cook?

Would it be OK to just leave it in the bowl, knock any ash off and add more for the next cook?

Thanks,

JimT

Jim,

I have been doing exactly that for several years and havn't had a problem. I do dump the lump if there is any chance that rainwater has made its way down. I do try to always put a heavy duty trash bag and the Weber cover on as soon as its cool enough. But there are the times when the vodka wins and that's always when it rains.

Al

Unused lump works fine when reused if lit with the MM. If the pieces are partially burned and rather small, and if you put it in the chimney to light it, it will take forever to get going.

This is getting too easy!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Guys,

JimT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
... just leave it in the bowl, knock any ash off and add more for the next cook?

JimT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been doin' it that way all along. When I go to fill up the tank in my car, I don't throw away the old gas either.
icon_wink.gif

Craig, I try not to run out the gas grill. Seems like if I don't I will be grilling and run out and have to finish in the oven or stove. That really gets me going.
icon_wink.gif

You might as well run it out, if you have pay a set fee for filling. I go to our local rental place and fill it by the pound. It is usually about $9 for me. It will probobly be more this time. I ran it out for the first time in a long time.

Back