Santa came through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Gaylor

TVWBB Member
Found a WSM at the Newberg, OR Ace Hardware store. 169.99. Too bad I have to wait til 12/25 to open it.

Thanks to Bob Lyon for the tip. (And to Jim Minion for putting me in touch with Bob.)

They seem to be pretty serious about BBQ at this store. They had a Weber Ranch Kettle on display there. Pictures don't do it justice. It's huge. Expensive, too. They also had some offsets for sale, and a couple of eggs.

Merry Christmas,

Darren

Santa has confirmed a WSM for me too!
Bandera is feeling sort of wistful but there should be fuel and feast for all. Do you think Santa would prefer pork ribs or chicken?
hmmm....
how bout both!
and a merry Christmas to all......

I'm insanely envious of both of you!

I think I'm the only wannabe left on this board.

Enjoy your new toys and enjoy the hildays.

Darren,

I am with you. Over here in Austria Santa
has a hard time to find a WSM at all.

After one month of calling almost every
Weber dealer in Central Europe I was
able to locate a dealer that had one single
WSM in stock.

According to the man on the phone the WSM
was in the showroom for more than one year.
They have not sold one single WSM since they
started their business ten years ago.

I told Santa straight away and he promised
to try as hard as he can to get it for me.

I might then be the only WSM owner in the whole of Austria. If there are any others -
let me know.

Thanks Chris for this great site and sorry
for my bad english.

Merry Christmas
Manfred
santa.gif

Manfred-

Good luck getting the WSM! I bet once you start up with it, I predict your success will have others wanting to try it too!

Regards,

Ken

Manfred,

Welcome to the forum. It's always nice to remember that we're part of an international community. You'll find a lot of information here and please feel free to share your experiences when you receive your WSM.

I spent a few days in Salzburg four years ago and absolutely loved it. I still can't decide whether Salzburg or Munich would be my first choice of European cities I'd like to spend a lot more time in.

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Yet another Ken

Manfred,

I tried like he** to find a WSM here in Spain. I also contacted dealers in Portugal, England and France, but my efforts were of no avail. Nor was it possible to have one sent over by the U.S. Postal Service, and sending it via a private courier would have been outrageously expensive, so I finally ended up buying one in the States and bringing it back with me on the plane. Once you get your WSM we'll probably be the only two here in Europe lucky enough to own one! It's funny they're so hard to find because there are several Australians who contribute to this board that own them and they seem to be available down there. Let us know if you get yours. It will be interesting to learn how you adapt your Austrian meat products to the WSM. I'll bet you have some good sausages up there!

Cheers,

Mr Squeaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back