Sand in the pan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon N

TVWBB Pro
OK -- I am taking the advice on this site and putting sand in the pan. Do I really want to let the grease drip into the sand or do I want to foil the sand and pan and give it about 1" - 1.5" of grease storage??

Lowes in charlotte has butts for $.99/lb today.

Going to load the WSM about 10 tonight.

Thanks for the advise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vernon N:
OK -- I am taking the advice on this site and putting sand in the pan. Do I really want to let the grease drip into the sand or do I want to foil the sand and pan and give it about 1" - 1.5" of grease storage??

Lowes in charlotte has butts for $.99/lb today.

Going to load the WSM about 10 tonight.

Thanks for the advise <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Foil with HD Wide foil..2 layers minimum..3 is better. And like you said, leave a depression in the sand like a bowl
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vernon N:
Y'all come! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just kidding (this time). On the computer taking a short break from yard work. Hard to keep up when you only have weekends. Need to hire some cheap labor!

We should do a NC/SC WSM, TVWB, VWBB, BBQ thing in the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Finney:
We should do a NC/SC WSM, TVWB, VWBB, BBQ thing in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like a winner. Steve Petrone are you there?? And, anyone else in the neighborhood?

Results of sand in the pan

Pictures looked good. I'm sure it tasted that way too. Text on the pictures said bottom rack butts appeared more done. That agrees with some other postings recently. Keri was telling some of the sand pan-ers to watch out for that. Sounded like most were only cooking on the top. I've used sand before and will again, but I'm not a convert yet.
Glad you cook turned out good for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back