Salmon Jerky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i've read a lot about beef jerky on the WSM, and was wondering if anyone has tried making salmon jerky? Or do you really need a cold smoker for that?

jason

Jason, I have a great recipie for Smoked Salmon nuggets that you may wnat to try or modify to make jerky. i will post it within the next week. (if yo need it sooner email me and I'll send it right off I just want to go through the steps one more time before posting the recipie.

When you cut the salmon into thin strips it gets chewier (the strips from around the belly) Cubes is how I usually do it and it tends to be a little of both but more on the flaky texture. I forwarded you a draft copy of the recipie I use to your email listed with your profile. I suppose if you slow down the cooking by lowering the tempratures using fewer coals in the wsm stretching the cooking time you might get more of what your looking for with the increased cooking time I would think youd have more fluid loss and a chewier product.

Hey Pat, all is well, i've just been making really yummy stuff on my WSM and have had no probs/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
The pastrami i made following Chris' recipe was AWESOME. Truely one of the best things on the WSM.

It's Q season too, so i'll be Qing some more !

jaosn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back