Sad news: death of a barbecue joint

Mary M

TVWBB Fan
Here's some sad news for NE lovers of q: on June 21st, Holy Smokes BBQ in Hatfield MA burned to the ground. The fire destroyed both an excellent barbecue restaurant and a beautiful building, an old Lutheran church that had been home to Holy Smokes for the last three years. This restaurant was a true labor of love, and now there's nothing left but a big hole in the ground.

If you know and love this place, or are just passing through and want to help out, you might stop by Bub's BBQ on Route 116 in Sunderland for a benefit on Monday, July 16th. For a $10 donation you get food from Bub's and other local restaurants. Please click here for more info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mary M:
If you know and love this place, or are just passing through and want to help out, you might stop by Bub's BBQ on Route 116 in Sunderland for a benefit on Monday, July 16th. For a $10 donation you get food from Bub's and other local restaurants. Please click here for more info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn near broke my heart to hear that, when it happened. Was able to make it there once, and got a chance to me PapaLu and get some pointers!
He has a heavy Vinegar sauce, and my wife isn't a big Vinegar fan
icon_frown.gif

Guess I won't be able to get back there after all
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif

But thanks for the news of the 16th!!!
I'm already planning the trip up!

Back