Sacred Cow!

Lonnie Mac

TVWBB Fan
So I joined back up at the ole Sam's last night. I haven't been a member in over 10 years! Anyhoo... I picked up a 13lb cryo-pack of spares. They were 1.87 a lb... Not too bad I think judging by my other locals price. Extremely nice looking and very meaty. What I went in for though were beef ribs. Loin backs I guess. Although I am sure the price was lower than everywhere, I am convinced that these things came from a sacred cow! The cheapest I saw was a two-slab cryo-pack for 75 bucks! The average in the bin was 100 bucks at almost 9 bucks a lb... Holy cow.

I any case, having not been to my local Sam's in a long time, I was impressed with the selection. There were butts, flats, iterations of both, bins of ribs laying everywhere, you name it. And of course the two pack of "K" for cheaper. I am a "K" user.

And there was that 52" Sony...

In any case the spares and "K" will work just fine tomorrow! I'll try out my new door mod!

So the question is, I am in the mood for some beef ribs soon. What was I looking at at this price! It has been a very long time since I purchased beef ribs and I don't remember paying 8 something a pound. Of course this was choice, but was it a sacred cow part? The bin was smack full. must have been 20 packs in there and I can't imagine these prices going out the door... Or am I that out of touch!

Are you sure that wasnt the prime rib roast you were looking at? SAMS usually does not carry beef ribs, sometimes on holidays. I buy choice grade beef ribs locally between $5-7 a rack.

No my friends... These were some of the most beautiful meaty beef ribs that I have ever seen. Most were 7-8 bone, two slabs per pack on average... And no way would fit in my WSM without some serious hacking... The standing rib roasts were near by... Maybe they were mis-priced?

I keep wanting to say they were labeled as beef loin-backs. I could be wrong.

hmmmm well they were priced wrong, or they are crazy. Those bonelss ribeyes are 8/lb....no way would the ribs w/ the bone be the same amount. A roast has 7 bones. whatever they were labeled...they are "just" beef ribs.

Back