rust

John Boehm

TVWBB Fan
My Q320 just turned 1 recently and I now have rust on the porcelain enameled CI grates. Weber says no seasoning is necessary, but how do I keep them rust free? The rust is on the far left and right, where I dont usually cook. Should I spray the grates with oil after each cook?

YES. My Q320 came used and the grates had been ignored and were terribly rusted after only a year. I bought new grates from Weber and I have religiously sprayed the grates or wiped them down with once used canola oil after each use and they are holding up quite nicely. I think if you will get the rust off and use some oil on the grates after use, you will get many more years of use out of them than you would otherwise.

Pat

yea, i think weber uses that term rather loosely, in fact to loosely. my new unused grate rusted just sitting there. but from reading i understood that they will do that. so treat them like regular ci grates. i just oil mine before and after use. a little rust won't hurt ya.

I purchased a Q320 from cl and the ci grate was in horrble shape. I called it up real good and seasoned the heck out of it. I used it for a couple of months before I got rid of it and I had no problems with rust. I alway applied some canola oil after a cook.

Back