Rust on grates

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hi,

I just noticed that my grates on my WSM have quite a bit of rust on them. My weber which is only 1 year old was put away over the winter so this is the first time I've looked at in a few months. Is this normal? I assume some steel cloths would clean it up.

Thanks

Have had mine for several years(3+) and I have had no rust problems. I would be a bit peeved to say the least if my year old grates were rusting, assuming they were reasonably cared for. Give Weber a call.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave B,:
Hi,

I just noticed that my grates on my WSM have quite a bit of rust on them. My weber which is only 1 year old was put away over the winter so this is the first time I've looked at in a few months. Is this normal? I assume some steel cloths would clean it up.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

Yes, I think this could be considered "normal" if you store the smoker for several months. If I don't plan on using mine in the next few days, I'll bring the grates into the house, rather than leave them in the smoker (after they are cleaned, of course!)

Better yet, just keep smokin' all winter long!!!

JimT

Back