Rub for Pork Loin

Mike S

TVWBB Member
Does anyone have a favorite rub for a pork loin? I would like to try something new for tomorrow's smoke.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

The is a mixture made by Goya products called Adobo, it contains Salt, Garlic, Oregano, Black Pepper and Tumeric. I have used on loins, Chicken, Turkeys etc. My wife and really like it. I'll use that and just rub some Hungarian paprika on the loin (and pretty much anything else) and it will usually come out well. There are some other Cajun style rubs that I have made up but I can't find what I did with the recipes. If I can find them I'll post it. But the Adobo is good for being really lazy, it comes with or without pepper.

I pretty sure there are people on this forum that have their own special rubs that are out of this world.

So good luck.

Thanks Tom for the tip. I wound up using some leftover "best ribs in the universe" rub from this site. Everyone was pleased with the way it turned out. I will be on the lookout for Adobo.
Mike

Mike,

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I recently did a pork loin (had a sandwich today for lunch) and kept it very simple.

Applied a thin coat of olive oil, sprikled generously with kosher salt and course black pepper. Sprinkled a pinch each of dried rosemary and thyme on top of that. Roasted (~350) to 157 in the thickest part, pulled and rested for 15 minutes under a foil tent. Sliced very thin. The whole ordeal took no longer than 1.5 hours (wasn't a very large roast...oh and I butterflied it as well, I needed it to finish quickly). Came out juicy, tender, and a simple flavor that was outstanding.

This is always on hand for chicken and pork. Just had some last night on legs and thighs, but it's especially great with pork. You can make it as spicy as you want depending on the chile you use.

Quite similar to Joe's suggestion is to use a good herbes de Provence blend. (It's almost the only ready-made blend I buy; Penzey's h de P is excellent). Like Joe's, it contains rosemary and thyme but also several other green herbs plus a little crushed lavender. Applied over a salted roast, or mixed with salt and minced fresh garlic, it is delicious used on pork loin or tenderloin. Try it sometime.

Back