Rotisserie Question

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
Has anyone had success with two chickens on the weber rotisserie spit? I only have two of the prongs that you secure the meat with. If you push them together tight will it turn correctly throughout the cook?

You might try checking in at DadCooksDinner. Mike is a long-time member here but hasn't been active recently; he is very into rotisserie grilling and might have a tip or two. He has published a book or two on rotisserie cooking and his website is a fun place to visit.

Rita (not a relative of Mike's but I remember enjoying his posts)

Last edited:
I did it on my onegrill rotisserie Saturday morning. Next time I'll put the birds at 90 degrees from each other, because at 180 degrees there were two heavy sides. It worked, but you could tell when the motor was working.

Robert - you can do two qwith only two forks but the birds will wobble on the spit as you do it. This puts some strain on your motor and can beat the birds up a bit as they will fall up and down agains the spit rod. If you jam them tight together to prevent this, give your cook some extra time as the birds will take longer to cook. I would definitely go out and get a couple of extra forks for your spit...

Regards,

John

As John said, we do it all the time with no issues.....
Spit2%20010-L.jpg

Back