Rotisserie on the 22.5" wsm

OK-For those inquiring minds like myself that had to know it the WSM or EZ-Que rotisserie ring will fit on the 22" WSM, it will-kinda-sorta fit, if you turn the ring around, modify the motor mount and spit rod cutouts. Something I'm unwilling to do to mine, and then the WSM lid rests on the rotis ring brackets and I can see gook dripping from the lid onto the ring.

If I were to use the rotisserie ring on the 22" WSM I would use a kettle lid instead of the WSM lid.

Here are pics courtesy of Michael Stevenson.
http://cid-5215efccb0189033.sk...d%20for%2022.5%20WSM

The ring is a "flange mod" I use on my open top Drum Smokers to fit the Weber kettle lid. and it works well paired with the 22" WSM and rotis ring.

I think Weber could easily make a version of the rotisserie to fit WSM 22.5; I'd get one
icon_smile.gif

[Ralph wrote]I think Weber could easily make a version of the rotisserie to fit WSM 22.5; I'd get one.

Am I correct in assuming that Weber no longer makes the kettle rotisserie? I thought that I had heard that earlier in the year. If so, it'll be for the EZ-Que folks to take this up and that will not be cheap.

Dan

Dan, I still see it advertised in several places; including Amazon... I would be surprised if Weber eliminated it. They have already covered the development costs... EZ Que has similar unit made out of stainless steel for $289

Ralph,

I was visiting this site and that's where I first heard of it being discontinued. I hope you that are right as it makes the kettle really versatile at an affordable price.

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
yes. others can answer as to why they like doing that. i havn't gotten my wsm running yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
George; Did you see the door mounted upside down?
http://mybbq.net/forum/userpix/411_102_2939_1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On some WSM's, mounting the door upside down, it just fits better that way, with less gaps, and a tighter seal to the mid section is all.
icon_wink.gif

Can someone tell me if the Rotisserie will fit on just the bottom section of the 22.5 WSM with out a mod?

First post go easy on me.
icon_smile.gif

I would really love a firm answer on this situation this is the key in my buying decision of an 18" or a 22".

I was gifted a Weber roti but only have a kettle to cook on and am tired of not holding temp for long smokes.
I have been long-smoking on an old cookshak for a while and the temps just aren't getting to where I need it and I am tired of dealing with it too.

Bottomline, I don't really need 22" WSM. 18" would be fine for what I need. But I will get one because of the roti. But if it is too much of a hassle to mod it to work I just will forget about the roti and buy an 18.

Can anyone help me out here?
Its almost summer I need a WSM fast! haha

Buy a 22" just for the roti?
Or just go with the 18"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dksmith17:
First post go easy on me.
icon_smile.gif

I would really love a firm answer on this situation this is the key in my buying decision of an 18" or a 22".

I was gifted a Weber roti but only have a kettle to cook on and am tired of not holding temp for long smokes.
I have been long-smoking on an old cookshak for a while and the temps just aren't getting to where I need it and I am tired of dealing with it too.

Bottomline, I don't really need 22" WSM. 18" would be fine for what I need. But I will get one because of the roti. But if it is too much of a hassle to mod it to work I just will forget about the roti and buy an 18.

Can anyone help me out here?
Its almost summer I need a WSM fast! haha

Buy a 22" just for the roti?
Or just go with the 18"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get the Weber Rotis ring or just the spit rod and motor?

The rotis ring will not fit the 22" WSM, you will have to mod the center section.

I'd look into the Cajun Bandit if you are happy with the kettle.

Sorry I think I misled you in that post.

I have an 18" kettle not 22.5" sorry for confusion.

Let me sum up what I have:
18" kettle
Weber roti with ring (found in inlaws garage, very old never used)
22.5" Sears companion (neighbor just gave me)
Cookshak electric smoker 1999 model. (won't hold temps well anymore)

I managed to use the roti on the 22.5 sears this weekend. It didn't fit right but I managed. Didn't hold heat. Pain in the butt but the bird I cooked was fantastic. I am hooked now.

Just got the go ahead from the wifey to buy a WSM. 22.5 or 18? I have been thinking about this for weeks its killing me. Too bad the roti doesn't fit this would be an easy decision. Looks like my best bet is to save up for a 22 inch kettle because I really don't want to mod a brand new WSM. It seems like someone could manufacture a small "connector ring" that would fit the roti on the WSM. I know I would buy it.

Back