Rotisserie for grill

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm looking into buying a rotisserie for the grill as I've heard great results using them. Right now I have an old genesis 1000 redhead, which is very possibly on its last legs, one of the knobs have been dead for years, the bottom is being held up to it with wire, the actual stand has more or less fallen to pieces. Anyways, it works still fine, but I may get a new grill in a while. What do you recommend I do rotisserie wise, Is there a 'generic' one that will fit most webers? Right now I just have a WSM and my genesis, but may add a charcoal grill soon too.

What do you recommend I look for? Right now probably only plan to use it on the grill.

Thanks,
Daum

Take a look at Onegrill.com if you don't want to buy from Weber. I have their rotisserie, motor, (battery operated) and performer basket. I only use them on my Weber Performer and WSM 22.5. I'm very happy with the results and so is my family and friends. LOL

If you have a wsm and are planning on switching to charcoal, I would recommend the cajun bandit roto. Very well constructed and will fit both. I've seen where the weber needs foil to make a tight seal with the kettles.

The Weber rotisserie ring is a one trick pony. It fits the 22.5" kettles, not the 18.5" or any WSM. The problem with fit and air leakage on the Performers was fixed last year.

Chris with Cajun Bandit is great and I like the idea of supporting a business that meets a need Weber ignores. The CB rotisserie ring is made from 18 guage stainless steel. It has always fit the Performer and the 22.5" kettle with no problem. They also have a model that will fit both the 22.5" kettle and the WSM. The 18.5" version is to be available soon. Fear not the battery operated rotisserie motor. It takes 2 D cell batteries and runs forever. There is an AC adapter/adaptor available for around $25. It is the same as used for many answering machines and similar devices so you may already have an extra. The motor is rated for more weight than the Weber. The CB is a few inches shorter in height than the Weber. It is also more expensive due to shipping costs. The motor and spit are made by One Grill. Below is a link to the One Grill site. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Chris through the Contact Us link on the Cajun Bandit site. He truly is one of the good guys.
http://www.onegrill.com/
http://cajunbandit.com/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004VWM1/tvwb-20

The Cajunbandit rotisserie ring is a must have for your WSM & Performer. I use mine mostly with my Performer. In my opinion the best with it's all ss and a fit second to none. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Last edited:
Well my replacement grill come sooner than thought, ended up finding a skyline series 3200 for 35 bucks on Craigslist in great condition. Will the bandit work on that?

As for the WSM will have to wait until they have the 18 for the ring.

Daum

Last year I get a Sears branded roti on clearance. I had to do a little modification to my Genesis,but it does the trick!

I have the rib-o-lator and LOVE it. I use it on my WSM and my one touch. I bought the the whoe kit from them caus ethe ring can be used on WSM or weber grills. If you have a gasser the rb-o-lator will work on most of them as well.

I do our comp ribs on this things and makes a ton of wings....

Back