Roti turkey breast.

Jason Noble

TVWBB All-Star
Cooked a turkey breast for Saturday dinner. Sort of a mini Thanksgiving. I bought the turkey for a good price but it was unfortunately enhanced. Knowing salt could be an issue I seasoned with Penzys Forward witch is salt free. Used cherry for smoke.

039 - Copy by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
040 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

While the Turkey was cooking I opened my WSM to smoke some cheese. I noticed some light mold on the water pan brackets and grill grates. I ran a load of coals to steralize things. Not sure how the mold happened. I keep all the vents wide open when not in use.
024 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Made some stuffing.

029 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
049 by
wasatchbbq, on Flickr
063 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
065 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Everything turned out well. Thanks for looking.

Awesome cook, Jason! The breast and stuffing look so delicious. Thanksgiving is barely a month behind us and I'm ready for turkey again! I've got a couple of 17 pounders in the freezer that I bought when price was low in November. Have to bust one out soon. I had the same mold issue when I cranked out my 22 WSM. Did the same as you and scrubbed the water pan with soap and water.

Great looking bird on the stick Jason and excellent knife skills with the prep of the dressing. Stay out of the snow my friend and go watch some Runnin Ute Basketball for me.

Great looking plate. We always do a "Thanksgiving in March" just for the food and flavors.

That's a great looking meal. Had the same issue before with the mold. Gave it a quick scrub to knock some of the buildup off and ran it as hot as I could for a few hours.

Nice looking food there. Lot of SLC people on this thread. Since we live in the desert, its weird to see mold. I tend to see it a lot on my Large BGE that I rarely use. I've tried to leave the vent open a hair, but it just shows up anyway. I think we just need to cook more on them. No neglect!

Did I mention that turkey looked good? Wow.

Back