Rockfish, help! please : )

John Bailey

Caught a nice 22" striper today. Thinking about making a smoked rockfish dip. I've never smoked fish. Need any help people can give. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Bailey:
Caught a nice 22" striper today. Thinking about making a smoked rockfish dip. I've never smoked fish. Need any help people can give. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the fattier fish like Salmon take more to smoking than Stripers. I would just bake in in a foil pan in the mid 300s after applying a flavor wet rub, herbs and lemon slices

John, I agree, but caught the fish on my buddy's boat, and this is what he would like to do with it this time. We get rock often from the bay, so we are willing to try something different this time

I live in RI and we get alot of striped bass and bluefish i have smoked alot of fish bass included the brine recipie in the salmon post is almost identical to the one i use i brine overnight and then rinse air dry till tacky and then i smoke usually with alder wood but cherry is awesome too. striped bas is wonderful smoked! i like it just on a cracker. when i do make a dip its more of just a chive and cream cheese spread good luck

Back