Rice Vinegairette Salad Dressing and Marinade

Andy Ly

TVWBB Fan
I'm sharing my no-longer-secret rice vinaigrette dressing and marinade:

I've had this recipe for over 5 years and have been a jerk about giving it out, but I've learned so much on this forum that it would be unfair for me to keep this a secret any longer. The best way I can compare this salad dressing is to the house salad dressing from Pat and Oscars here in San Diego.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I salute to everyone here at TVWBB for teaching me so much!

Items:
  • 4cup measure (see attachment photo)
  • 1/4 cup, 1 tbsp, 1tsp measure
  • Sea Salt - purchased at Trader Joes (see attachment photo)
  • Granulated Garlic
  • Granulated Onions
  • Lemon Juice / or fresh lemon
  • Sugar
  • MSG - see picture attachment, you can find it for cheap at an Asian market, or any American supermarket will carry the Accent brand one. (only 1 teaspoon is used per batch - not a lot)
  • Corn Oil - Walmart Brand or Mazola
  • Bottled Water or equivalent
  • Rice Vinegar - See photo attachment. Make sure you buy the one with the green and blue border around the label. Other varieties comes with an orange band and yellow band, but they are different concentration levels and flavorings. The green and blue band is the one you'll want to get. Get a large bottle 24oz. Any Vietnamese/Chinese supermarkets should have it for about $3.50. I use the vinegar bottle to put my dressing into since the tip has a drizzle attachment. If you soak the bottle in hot water for 5 minutes, the label falls right off and you'll have a perfectly professional looking dressing dispenser.
  • funnel - to pour the dressing into the container bottle.

Oh and you will need something to put this all in to shake up (1 gallon water jug, etc).

Instructions:
Start with 4cup measure.
Fill to the 2 cup line with corn oil
with Rice Vinegar continue filling until you hit the 3-2/3 cup line.
Put aside for later.

With the sealed container (I use a plastic water pitcher that seals pretty well) that you will use to shake all the ingredients up.
Put in:
2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
2 Tablespoon of Granulated Onions
1 Tablespoon of Granulated Garlic
1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of sugar
2 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice (this is the last item for tablespoon since its the only wet ingredient)
1 Teaspoon of MSG
1/2 Cup of bottled water (I just use 1/4 cup measure and do it twice)

Pour the oil/vinegar contents into the seal-able container, then shake everything together for about a minute to make sure all the spices dissolves properly.
Lastly, pour your dressing into a container for use. Make sure you shake well, then pour a small portion, then shake again, then continue pouring again. Repeat until it's all transferred. Shaking it will ensure the spices doesn't fall to the bottom.

Again make sure to get the one with the green border. And use the bottle as your salad dressing dispenser, don't toss it.
mZENZFn.jpg

LQkiKpF.jpg

jFYQJCM.jpg

HCTJHt4.jpg

MSG (american store)
WagkJOT.jpg

MSG (from Asian store)
lVNVgUk.jpg

Last edited:

Back