Ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Kevin (Stogie), I noticed in an earlier post concerning your ribs, that you like to sprinkle with brown sugar or honey and then wrap in foil for 2 hours. Which works better, brown sugar or honey? One thing I'm thinking about experimenting with is combining the juices from the post-foiling with my bbq sauce and using that as carmelizing finishing sauce. Also, do you mix the brown sugar/honey with some sort of mopping sauce? Thanks!

Darrell.....

I use brown sugar and like it much better. Honey loses lots of flavor if it is cooked above 165?.

I use just enough mop to make sure it is dissolved.

I also keep all my juices and combine with the sauce..on EVERY meat. That is critical I think....you want to add back some rendered fat to kick up your sauce. I learned this many years ago when a Texan was teaching me how to cook brisket.

I don't sauce briskets. But a little trick (Probably picked it up from here) is after foiling I save some of the juice from the foil and brush the juice on the brisket after I slice it. Makes them prettier, and taste even better.

Stogie, Did I steal this from you?

Mike

Thanks for the advice. How much brown sugar are we talking, per slab?

Mike......

That's OK, cause I most likely stole it from someone else! LOL

Darrell...

Just a light sprinkling....I just sprinkle like you see the chef's sprinkle their salt....a pinch in your hand for each half rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back