ribs tomorrow

Mike Tag

TVWBB Member
just bought two slabs of baby backs and two slabs of wild boar ribs. gonna use the BRITU method on them tomorrow during the tourney. should be a nice relaxing day of bbqing ribs and vegging on the couch. am going to do a variation of the BRITU method b/c I am going to use my own rib rub instead of the one they have listed. am going to be very interested in how the baby backs vs the boar turns out.

Are you marinating or brining the boar? Regardless, keep an eye on them. They can overcook and dry out in a heartbeat.Good luck.

I am simply putting my rub on the boar then putting them on the smoker as the BRITU recipe calls for.

Got the smoker going right now at 345 degrees so am waiting for the suggested hour to pass for it to cool down. Am using hickory.

one hour and 15 minutes in and just trying to keep the temp constant. got down to 224 so opened the vents a little and it shot up to 251. am at 237 right now with the vents closed.

Remember that it can take 20 min for vent adjustments to have their full effect. It sounds like it's going pretty well.

actually kept the vents closed most of the time and it worked out well. just ate the baby backs and they were delicious. I really like the technique of rolling them and skewering them. think they get more uniform heat that way.

Mike,

I recently did some baby backs and rolled and skewered them and was very satisfied with the results. I too had the vents closed for most of my cook.

Ribs were best I have ever eaten!
Ray

I'm now a believer, and so is my wife. I didn't do so great on my 1st smoke, but my 2nd was fantastic. I did the baby backs BRITU style, and I don't know if I'll ever go back to making ribs any other way. The only thing is that I'd like to make my own sauce, not from KC, but taste just as good. I have some experimenting to do.

Back