Ribs on the Weber OTG

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
We had a friend over for a few days. Naturally, I decided to barbecue and grill. One of the things we did is RIBS on the OTG. They ended up just a bit overcooked but were absolutely delicious. I used the Memphis Dry Rub recipe from Cook's Country. The bark was fantastic and we didn't even sauce the ribs. I had barbecue sauce on the table but we didn't use it. The ribs were wonderful, as is.

I do have a question. How do you maintain the ribs when one end is so thin compared to the other end and not end up with the ends overcooked? I used a rib rack and cooked four half racks of St. Louis Style ribs.

Pictures are included:

1- On the tray right off the grill
Ribs6-2012-4170_800x1200.jpg

2 - Cut and ready to serve
Ribs6-2012-4171_1600x1067.jpg

3 - Plated with sides (Mexican corn and baked potatoes:
Ribs6-2012-4172_1600x1067.jpg

Dale53

I do ribs on my OTG also. Try rotating the ribs if necessary in the middle of the cook to keep one end from getting too much heat.

JamesH;
Thanks for the tip. I rotated these ribs twice during the cook. I also applied aluminum foil to the edges of the food grill to try to avoid overheating the ends.

Keep the tips coming....

Dale53

Here is the rub recipe:

Rub
2tablespoons sweet paprika
2tablespoons light brown sugar
1tablespoon table salt
2teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2teaspoons cayenne pepper (see note)
1/2teaspoon dried thyme

The complete American Test Kitchen recipe (Cook's) is located here:

http://www.americastestkitchen...54e0LiSsFI&persist=1

You DO have to register to see the recipe but there is no cost.

I did two things differently. I did NOT mop and I DID remove the membrane (silver skin).

Dale53

Well if you split the racks then just try and cut them so you have even thickness in each rack then you can pull the thinner ones off early and hold them warm till the others are done. Those are fine looking ribs though.

Back