Ribs n Tenderloins at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
I have 6 racks of Baby Backs and 2 small tenderloins started at 12:30 and temp is at 225 degrees. Anyone have an idea how long the tenderloins will take "best guess"?. They are the small ones that weigh 1 lb each.
I figure 5.5-6.5 hours for the ribs, but all I know is the loins are done at 160. Thanks
DP

Dale P

I've done a lot of tenderloins, but always grilled them. My guess is that you would be looking at around 3 hrs but that is a guess. I think the important thing is to watch the internal temp of the tenderloin. I think I usually pull mine off the grill at 145 to 150. The meat is lean and I don't think you want to overcook it.

Paul

Thanks Paul. It sounds like I should have waited awhile before putting the loins on. Oh well, a tenderloin snack before ribs aint a bad thing.
DP

If your tenderloin finishes early, just wrap it in foil and beach towels and hold it a dry cooler until dinner. It will stay hot for several hours.

Well I am pleased with the cook I had yesterday but if I had to judge my ribs on a scale of 1-10, they would have scored a 6. I think they were good, but there was plenty of room for improvement. The tenderloin held the smoke flavor better, and I was lucky that they didnt dry out. Yum. I thought the ribs needed more smoke and more rub too. Everyone else said they were great and my wife thinks im being picky. I have had ribs that were alot worse, but at the price of BBs, I had hoped for perfection.
DP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale P:
[qb] Well I am pleased with the cook I had yesterday but if I had to judge my ribs on a scale of 1-10, they would have scored a 6. I think they were good, but there was plenty of room for improvement. The tenderloin held the smoke flavor better, and I was lucky that they didnt dry out. Yum. I thought the ribs needed more smoke and more rub too. Everyone else said they were great and my wife thinks im being picky. I have had ribs that were alot worse, but at the price of BBs, I had hoped for perfection.
DP [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dale P, do not despair! I think no matter how much we cook, we ALL have some that turn out good , and some not as good. We might not like to admit it sometimes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Generally the "goofs" are still better than anything out of the oven! We are our own worst critics!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back