Ribs-delayed satisfaction

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
My daughter and her family are spending a week here with us. My youngest son and his wife arrived Saturday morning. We had some work to do and time was going to be short.

In anticipation of this, I grilled three full racks of ribs a few days ago. I did them indirect on the Weber 22.5 OTG. I used a couple of firebricks and grilled them on a rib rack for three hours at 300 degrees (using the Maverick thermometer on the grill level where the ribs were) then flipped them upside down and grilled another hour until they were done.

My wife and I split half a rack to "make sure they were all right"LOL and then allowed the ribs to cool, wrapped them in saran wrap and then foil and froze. My wife re-heated them in the oven (removed the saran wrap put them back in the foil and gave them 30 minutes at 300+ degrees. I used Cook's Country recipe for Memphis Dry ribs (Cook's Country finishes in the oven - mine were done entirely on the grill). They were only WONDERFUL! They did not suffer from being frozen and re-heated (that's a wonderful thing about ribs). They were moist and delicious and had a delightful bark.

EVERYONE raved about the ribs! Complete success (my wife's sides didn't hurt that a bit - everything tasted wonderful, even the jalapeno bread(:&gt
icon_wink.gif
). We heated some Bullseye BBQ sauce and served it in a gravy bowl.

I didn't take pictures as I didn't want to cause envy amongst the brethren...(LOL).

Dale53

Nice job, congrats. It's a good thing when the wife likes our stuff
icon_smile.gif

No pr0n
icon_frown.gif
Give us some 'q envy!

Bob

Back