Rib Rub question

Hey Rick

I'll vote for headcountry rub.Its a nice safe rub that won't affend anybody but has good flavor without a lot of heat.My wife hates pepper.There sauces are pretty good to.

Hope this helps
Jeff

For Ribs i like Pitts and Spitts sweet rib rub. Head Country rub is also very good, i buy it buy the gallon jug. But for ribs Pitts & Spitts seet rib rub wins. Texas BBQ rub #1 is also right up there. Now since we're talking BBQ sauce as well, Head Country is my favorite hands down. The regular and the hot are always in this house. I buy it by the case.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Rick, that's a pretty subjective question. Different folks have different tastes. My favorite to date is the rubs produced by Bill Cannon of Texas BBQ Rub fame. His pork rub is outstanding on anything. And his brisket rub (not listed on the site) is just as outstanding on beef and chicken. I've tried my hand at plenty of homemade rubs and cannot come even close to what this rub does to meat!

You'll love the stuff! It starts off sweet and then the heat builds - not overbearing, but just right. If you sauce your ribs then hold off with this rub. You gotta try them without sauce to get an idea of how good this rub really is. Only word of advice is that it has lots of brown sugar in it so you need to make sure your temps don't spike too high and burn the sugar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Soli:
Russ I found that site today while searching and ordered 2lbs I cant wait. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah you should have ordered the #2 Brisket Blend Rub also while you were ordering the #1 regular. That's the only rub i use on my briskets. Sweet and hot it's so good.
icon_smile.gif

i've used alot of John Henry's rubs, and liked almost all of them, the brisket, hickory w/ garlic, and pecan rubs are probably my favorites, but i've had some great ribs with the chipotle cherry, and a few of the others.

the little shag's is great on steaks and burgers ,too.

Back