rib prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a 7# butt and three racks BB smoking now. I got the ribs at BJ's and couldn't believe the price, they were 4.29/#. Is this the going price? It seems like they have gone way up. BJ's was out of butts so I started looking for butt in a grocery store. One store (ukrops) had them for 3.49 a #. I went to Walmart and they were 1.29/#.

On a side not after the smoke today I want to smoke a 3# fully cooked salami. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks and happy smoking
Mike

Every time you go in, check the meat counter to see if they have any brisket or butt on sale. You never know.

Most times, the brisket at the Walmart is ridiculously expensive. A few times per year they will have it at a buck and a quarter.

Mike-
I'm not sure if it's too late you answer your salami question or not. Do not let the internal temp get above 152* in that salami. If you do, the fat will start to render and when you slice the salami it will crumble. Other than that, just try to keep the temps real low 160-180* (hopefully you can accurately measure your temps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back