Rib-O-Lator for a 22.5 kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Moore

TVWBB Fan
I visited the website for the Rib-O-Lator this morning and contacted Bob about a unit for the 22.5 Weber. Well, he called me later on at work and basically said that it was possible IF he would be able to sell an initial 500 units. I offered to pass this along to the TVWB as there has been interest on another thread.

You don't have to pre-order or feel obligated, but if you are interested, send Bob a message at info@ribolator.com. He indicated that it could be up to three months to get the units available for shipping.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">honestly i don't see that happening. hope i'm wrong ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well George, you may be right but it never hurts to avail the buying public an opportunity.

I met Bob Garnache at a backyard comp in June and was set up across from the Rib-O-Lator team. I had my doubts about it, because it was made for a gas grill. But I sampled some of his ribs and with the smoke box and the spice rub and sauce combination he produced some great Q'from the gasser-and the judges thought so too! They won First Place to my Second place Ribs cooked on a Drum.

I'm a gadget freak and had to get one for myself, but they don't fit the Weber or EZ-Que rotiss rings, it was a market he hadn't considered. After hounding Bob for months and the response he's gotten from his site, he cut down a set for me to demo and all I can say is that this is a great addition to any kettle!

I posted a thread in the Gas Grill forum, because at the time it wasn't available for the kettle. (Apparently the thread has been moved to Grilling) But after playing with it, I'm stoked that production for us kettleheads has started.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But after playing with it, I'm stoked that production for us kettleheads has started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian,
Bob was very optimistic today on the phone. Now it is our turn to make this happen if enough people see it as a valuable accessory to our kettle grill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Brian,
Looks like your thread was moved to "Grilling" from the gas grill section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just noticed it.

I was reluctant to post in the Charcoal forum if they were'nt available for them and figured people would modify them anyway.

Has anyone cut down a Weber/EZ-Que cradle for a Genesis to fit a kettle? I'm thinking of doing it to one of my 6" cradles-I hate using spit forks.

i had a ezq that i was gonna cut down but kept putting it off cuz it aint easy. look at the ends. any ho i just made my char griller my main rotis machine though i still use the kettle unit. as to the rib o lator, i might pony up for the one he has now to use in the cg. as i stated before, i was gonna make one myself but can't beat the asking price as its stands.

never mind. just read that he is raising the price another 20.00 .
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
never mind. just read that he is raising the price another 20.00 .
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe if you call him, he will honor the old price. I listened to the BBQ Central interview and this was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back