Rib Meat Temp

Shay

I'm cooking ribs right now and my thermometer that's in the ribs is at 200 after 3hr 30min with my smokey mountain maintaining a temp from 220-235. The meat hasn't pulled down the bone yet though so I don't think they're done but the temp says they are? I can't find anything that says about what temp people have found the ribs are done. They don't seem to be burning but still that seems high and they'll only get hotter.

I'm making a Cooker Log but was just wondering if anyone had one they could share for a slow cook 4 1/2hrs of ribs?

Thanks,
Shay

I've never found rib meat temp a reliable indicator, like temps for most Q. A probe inserted between the bones will go in effortlessly when the ribs are tender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shay:
I'm cooking ribs right now and my thermometer that's in the ribs is at 200 after 3hr 30min with my smokey mountain maintaining a temp from 220-235. The meat hasn't pulled down the bone yet though so I don't think they're done but the temp says they are? I can't find anything that says about what temp people have found the ribs are done. They don't seem to be burning but still that seems high and they'll only get hotter.

I'm making a Cooker Log but was just wondering if anyone had one they could share for a slow cook 4 1/2hrs of ribs?

Thanks,
Shay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check this out: a couple BBQ logs you can print.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cookinglog.html

Also I agree with above on doneness.

Good luck

Back