Rib Eye Roast & Smoked Jalapenos

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Can you cook these like Prime Rib? Will they be similar in flavor and/or texture to their cousin, the standing rib roast?

Anyone smoked Jalapenos and tomatoes before? I have a salsa recipe that call for grilling both and then adding liquid smoke. Seems to me it would just be easier to smoke them in the WSM, but that is just me.

J

For the tomatoes and jalapenos look in the cooking section under
Appetizers, Sides, Desserts, Beverages, And More

Chris has the instructions there

YeahI looked there, but Dried is not what I am after. I will experiment and see what happens -- need good and black with a good smokey flavor on the peppers and just to the mushy side on the whole tomatoes.

Thanks Jim. Wasnt sure an the commissary and a good price on the Ribeye roasts

J

If I was gonna smoke jalapenos just for a smokey flavor I might cut them in half and smoke them for an hour.

But, the best way is to just leave them whole. Then blacken the skin, either on your grill, in the flame on a gas stove, or under the broiler. Then put them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, or in a brown paper bag closed up for about 15 minutes. Then peel the skin off under running water. It gives them a nice smoky flavor and gets rid of that thick skin. It is easier than it sounds.

I just saw part of that didn't sound to clear. Don't bother smoking if you decide to blackened skin , and you need high heat the blacken and blister the skin. I think it gives a great roasted/smokey flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back