Rib dinner for the boys.

David

TVWBB Pro
My son came over with two friends for a Sunday rib dinner with beer and all the trimmings, cole slaw, potato salad, Texas toast, and Key Lime pie. I got busy with doing so much that I failed to snap a few pics of the "buffet" line, but here's the WSM with the important stuff. Cooked for 5 1/2 hours with temp about 265, plus or minus 5-7 degrees. Learning not to sweat the temp variations. One thing that I've noticed is that there a lot of difference in ribs once the package is opened. One of the racks out of four was clearly fatter, and the membrane was nearly impossible to get off. All bought at the same store, same day and no difference in appearance at the store, but once flipped over, different story. I've also developed a tasted for the ends of the ribs, which tend to cook more as the best part, maybe that's just me. As the leftovers went out the door with the crew when they left means I done good, I think. ;) ))))):::::::::::::::>>

Ribs with rub after a few hours in the fridge. Getting ready for the heat.

ribcookforboys003.jpg

At about 2.5 hours, at the flip.

ribcookforboys006.jpg

Finished product of two racks. One over the other.

ribcookforboys009.jpg

Last edited:
Ribs look excellent. I always make the extreme sacrifice and eat the trimmings and let my guests have the ribs. Little do they know what they are missing.

Back